Plenty in store for the Twins today
Lots of stuff happening today:
- The Twins and MLB are expected to announce that the 2014 All-Star Game will be played at Target Field. You can watch it streaming live at 4 p.m. CT on MLB.com and Twinsbaseball.com.
- The Twins recalled Chris Parmelee from Triple-A Rochester and outrighted Jeff Gray to Triple-A. Parmelee is slated to start tonight in right field.
- Left-hander Scott Diamond dropped his appeal today and will begin serving his six-game suspension immediately.
- Joe Mauer was placed on waivers yesterday and ended up clearing waivers, according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports. There’s virtually no chance he’ll be traded, though, as the Twins generally place every player on waivers during August. He also has a full no-trade clause.
- Center fielder Denard Span is not in the lineup for a second straight day, as he is dealing with soreness in his right collarbone. He was scheduled to undergo an MRI exam today.
- The rosters for the Arizona Fall League were announced today. The seven players are pitchers Logan Darnell, Kyle Gibson, Caleb Thielbar and Michael Tonkin, catcher Chris Herrmann and outfielders Evan Bigley and Nate Roberts.